3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Phoenix, AZ
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to swing open and scrub everything down so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Phoenix so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to make sure your home’s systems are ready for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Phoenix should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to make sure it can handle the summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Some HVAC companies offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Repair the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency. Open up your windows to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. First, declutter every room to open up the space. Then clean anything you don’t clean every week.These areas include floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your kitchen and bathroom fixtures until they shine. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to remove smudges and dust. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After your home is nice and clean, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate is to start with what you have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new look. Or you can shop your house. This means you switch out the furniture and accessories you already have between rooms. Add more color with fresh paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to give your room a completely new look, then look through our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s full of photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve chosen a color scheme and style you want, you can look for coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
An easy update for your home is to bring in window treatments that coordinate with your styles and freshen up your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer shades and blinds.
Check Out More Design Tips
If you want even more ways to enhance your home, explore our design tips. And if you find a look and window treatment that you want, give us a call at 480-485-7743 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will walk you through choosing the right window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.